The extremes I enjoy going to for freebies
1. 3 months ago ... start pestering your local tiny cinema to show Evil Dead and get told it's not going to happen. Chat outside with the guy who works there that you know on his ciggarete break who can't change things ..
2. Keep doing it anyway at sporadic times
3. The week before official UK release (because it's just hit number 1 at the U.S. box office) re-check the free flyers .. it's on the flyers!! .. steal a large wad of the flyers to send to people in future. White flyers are this week. Walk into cinema. Guy who can't change anything grins at me before I say anything and says "I know, I just saw!". Introduced to Manager. He's happy to reserve poster for me
4. Watch the movie for the second time at that cinema.
5. Grab a cardboard tube out of the skip behind the carpet shop around the corner and cut it to size, hide it somewhere nearby and await your poster. Also grab the new flyers from the cinema that are blue.
6. Wonder who threw away your stashed cardboard tube. Go back into cinema with winning smile to be told by assistant manager to come back in two weeks in case Evil Dead gets a replay. Decide to be polite but ignore her advice to get poster.
7. Go back in early afternoon after the previous and final night's showing to find, in perfect timing, manager number 1 changing the A4 poster that also lists Evil Dead .. tell him "If you're throwing that away can I have that?" .. A4 poster secured
... then he walked me into the building where I spotted assistant manager with her back to me ... gasp! ... so I pretended to study an iron man 3 or some such crap type of poster so I wasn't spotted and blocked.
8. Poster + secured