Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!]
We still have a while to wait for Ash vs Evil Dead season 3 but I thought I'd start the official thread.

What we know so far:

Bruce Campbell told Entertainment Weekly:

Quote:"I can’t say much because we’re going to try and do some crazy sh–," he explains. "But we're probably going to crack more into Ash’s big picture story. He is foretold in an ancient book. He’s not just some guy in a crappy trailer home. There is a myth to Ash, there is a story, and so we want to explore a little more of that Joseph Campbell, big picture story. Why him? Why that guy? Why is he chosen to save the world?"

http://ew.com/article/2016/12/12/ash-vs-...-campbell/

New Showrunner:

Mark Verheiden will be taking over for season 3 after Craig DiGregorio left due to conflicting opinions between him and Rob Tapert (You can read more about it here). Verheiden is a producer and writer known for Daredevil, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, My Name is Bruce, the Evil Dead and Army of Darkness comic book adaptations.

Premiere Date: Season 3 will air sometime this October.

[Image: MtBvZ5R.png]

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/8...4758048768

Please feel free to add any news on Ash vs Evil Dead season 3 as you find them.
Joe caught in the last post that Profx NZ will be handling the practical effects this season.

Into the breech we go again! Big Grin
Ash: Oh well...that's just what we call pillow talk, baby.  That's all.
Sheila: It was more than that!  I still have faith in thee.  I still think that thou would save us.  I....coward!

"This is a series!" - Actual quote from Starz executive Chris Albrecht on AvED, 2016 Spring TCAS.
Side-noting with some mildly off-topic and yet on-topic ratings news; Starz cancelled Blunt Talk, AvED's timeslot mate, back in December while we were all distracted.  It's another reminder that yes, cable networks actually care about the ratings and will cancel shows if they under perform.   

Wonder what AvED'll get paired with next season.
Sheila: It was more than that!  I still have faith in thee.  I still think that thou would save us.  I....coward!

"This is a series!" - Actual quote from Starz executive Chris Albrecht on AvED, 2016 Spring TCAS.
If Starz were smart they would give the show a proper lead in by partnering AvED with one of their strongest shows.
(02-11-2017, 07:45 PM)Nick el Ass Wrote: If Starz were smart they would give the show a proper lead in by partnering AvED with one of their strongest shows.

AveD could have been one of their strongest shows. The series had the potential to compete with shows such The walking Dead but they target American Pie fans as audience.  

They had everything to make it epic..and funny too.  Evil dead plague to compete with Walking Dead, time traveling to compete with Game of Throne and other medieval shows.  They could go in every direction just with time travelling... The show is still entertaining in a way, but it could have been much more if it wasn't made like fast food. IMO.
I think Blunt Talk much like anything Seth McFarlane has ever been involved with was funny for 5 seconds, and then turned into a train wreck of epic proportions. AvED still has a chance, but I'm not sure Starz knows exactly what they have... but I have my fingers crossed that with a new show runner it will take it to a whole new level. We know AvED will ever be able to compete with The Walking Dead because they put up huge numbers without a subscription based audience, and Game of Thrones has an insane budget which is something Starz will never be able to pull off. We just want our Evil Dead which became what it is by being different and/or fresh, and the gang didn't need a big budget back in the day either. It would be cool if Sam was more hands on too.
@Nick - IMO, there aren't a lot of Starz series that pair up well with AvED at the moment. The Girlfriend Experience and Outlander are in the wrong demos; Power and Survivor's Remorse have gotten them excellent ratings when paired together and there's no real reason to separate them. The Missing's seriousness has the wrong tone and would make an awkward transition.

Ironically its best match might be American Gods,but looking at their production slate it seems like American Gods and Counterpart might be paired together due to their themes, and Havana Quartet and The One Percent as well.

So I don't know which direction they'll go in for AvED! Should be interesting.

Quote:I'm outta here La! #airnewzealand is treating me right and I'm auckland bound and ready to shoot season 3 of #ashvsevildead#pablohasseensomeshit

Source : https://twitter.com/RealRaySantiago/stat...7583110144

[Image: giphy.gif]

Well looks like filming is going to be starting up soon if ray is on his way. *waits for the obligatory Bruce in NZ tweet*
Micheal J Basset has just confirmed over twitter that he will not be returning for this year's upcoming season due to one of his older shows returning. 

Quote:'Fraid not. I'm sitting out this season of @AshvsEvilDead 2 make new #strikeback

Source :  https://twitter.com/michaeljbassett/stat...5339250688

A little sad to hear this as he was probably one my favorite directors/writers on here, plus bruce and the rest of crew seemed to really enjoy working with him.
Too bad we're losing Michael this season; he's always brought something interesting to the pot.

Looks like we're on schedule for Bruce's arrival by early March.  

BTW, season 2 is up for several ihorror awards, for those interested in voting check out their website!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Army of Darkness/Evil Dead Comics Discussion Thread! MaidOfKandar 225 118,347 Today, 02:39 AM
Last Post: Swofty
  Evil Dead Figures Thread Reznar 176 44,580 Today, 01:35 AM
Last Post: MaidOfKandar
  Ash Sixth Scale Figure by Sideshow Reznar 35 15,598 03-15-2017, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Mardeadite
  Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!] MaidOfKandar 861 229,331 03-06-2017, 02:10 AM
  logic holes in end of season 2 duke henry 15 3,350 02-08-2017, 02:06 AM
  Ash vs Evil Dead S02 E10: Second Coming Discussion [SPOILERS] MaidOfKandar 92 21,135 01-09-2017, 04:38 AM
  Ash Vs Evil Dead 02 09 Home Again Discussion [SPOILERS] MaidOfKandar 56 13,914 12-08-2016, 09:03 PM
  FanART: Ash vs Evil Dead JoeMomma 46 28,019 11-30-2016, 07:44 PM
  Ash Vs Evil Dead 02 03: Last Call Discussion [SPOILERS] MaidOfKandar 41 12,106 11-28-2016, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Mardeadite
  Ash vs Evil Dead S02 E08: Ashy Slashy Discussion [SPOILERS] MaidOfKandar 33 9,545 11-25-2016, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Nick el Ass