Evil Dead: The Game

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Where did you see a non-possessed Ed?

He is shown at the beginning of the gameplay trailer... and if Cheryl, Linda, and Shelly are not all playable I will be pissed off. Any further additions outside of the rest of The Ladies of the Evil Dead, and those who have already been announced will be icing on a big fancy cake made to cut with a chainsaw +/- the yellow pants.

DgSEDiYXUAAul9B.jpg

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Yep, Nick caught it!

My other request - playable Sheila and Annie, and perhaps a playable Ruby! (And Bobby Joe! I want to shoot shit as Bobby Joe!)

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Yep, Nick caught it!

My other request - playable Sheila and Annie, and perhaps a playable Ruby! (And Bobby Joe! I want to shoot shit as Bobby Joe!)

I was thinking about this the other day but it would be hilarious if everyone on the survivor team was able to play the same character and it's just a 4 person team of "Jakes" and you can spam his famous "bobby joe!!" line while running through the woods. That would make for a hilarious gameplay moment.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I was thinking about this the other day but it would be hilarious if everyone on the survivor team was able to play the same character and it's just a 4 person team of "Jakes" and you can spam his famous "bobby joe!!" line while running through the woods. That would make for a hilarious gameplay moment.

Oh Gosh, that would be hilarious!

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Bruce did another interview with Entertainment Weekly, and said Evil Dead: The Game is now slated to be released in February of 2022 since he just finished doing the audio. He also talks a bit about Evil Dead hitting theaters in October for the 40th anniversary of the original, Evil Dead Rise, and a little about Doctor Strange.

https://ew.com/movies/bruce-campbell-evil-dead-doctor-strange/

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Bruce did another interview with Entertainment Weekly, and said Evil Dead: The Game is now slated to be released in February of 2022 since he just finished doing the audio. He also talks a bit about Evil Dead hitting theaters in October for the 40th anniversary of the original, Evil Dead Rise, and a little about Doctor Strange.

https://ew.com/movies/bruce-campbell-evil-dead-doctor-strange/

Here's the full quote about the game.

You previously announced that you've retired from playing Ash onscreen. So you won't be appearing in it?

I won't be appearing in it, no. I will be in the upcoming Evil Dead game, which I think is due for February 2022. I just finished the voice for that. The nice thing is, your voice doesn't age as much as your body, so I can milk that for a few more years. I've got to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the game. When you have merchandising and stuff that comes from your movies, you want it to be good, you don't want it to be garbage. In this case, it got delayed and delayed and delayed, like several years, but what happened is, they were trying to do it right. They got basically all the characters from the universe, from the movies, the TV show, it's impressive who they're bringing back. I've seen the gameplay and it's finally like any great game that's out there. The Evil Dead, we've had three, four or so games in the past. They were okay, they were a little clunky, but I think they're now up swinging with the big boys. Everything in it is exactly what gamers expect as far as quality. It's really cool and they have young, medium, and old Ash, which makes sense if you're going to cover the whole Evil Dead. Some people I think probably want to play the crabby, older, trash-talking Ash. I think most gamers will go, yeah, this was worth the wait.

"Young, Medium and old Ash"

ED1 and AoD ash confirmed? If that's what i'm thinking he is getting at with this comment.

Do have to wonder about that Feburary date, are they adding one more thing to game or are they spending a bit more time polishing it, hopefully the dev team will put out a statement here soon about this.

Last edited:

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I'm glad it's delayed. I have way too many games to finish in my backlog anyway.
Yeah in a way i'm kind of happy with the delay cause they must have a good reason for it, i'm imagining it's either adding something else to the game or it's for more polish time to get the game just right for release.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
@Joem1k - I'm guessing you can play all of the versions of Ash - from ED-Ash to ED2 Ash to AOD Ash to AvED Ash, if the character setups hint at anything. I'll be interested in seeing what that means!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I'm absolutely pro this because a single-player (maybe story?) mode would be fun.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I'm absolutely pro this because a single-player (maybe story?) mode would be fun.

I think it's probably going to be more in line with you jumping into a single player "player vs entity" session with bot teammates and a bot controlled demon if you don't feel like playing with other players, or maybe having a challenge mode or survival mode as well to do. But i doubt it's going to be a fully fleshed out story mode, seems to be too late in the developmental cycle for that option.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Makes sense to me!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Nice! Everyone looks on-model.

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Henrietta looks ok. I feel like she needs more Ted Raimi in her face and she could be a little bigger.

Top Bottom