BruceFest

Godzilla

S-Mart Clerk
https://brucefest.co/

Anyone else considering going to this groovy movie convention? There will be movie screenings, a scavenger hunt, a cocktail party, and a murder mystery dinner party among other things. It's at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park Colorado. Really wish he would do some sort of fun event in Oregon since he lives here.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
I considered going, but until the pandemic's 100 percent in the dirt I think I'll sit this year out. It does look like a lot of fun and it's not that overpriced.

captainkade

Primitive Screwhead
I considered going, but until the pandemic's 100 percent in the dirt I think I'll sit this year out. It does look like a lot of fun and it's not that overpriced.
I went. It was a lot of fun. Definitely some bugs to work out for future festivals.
The Good: Had many of his movies (Evil Dead trilogy, Bubba Ho Tep, My Name is Bruce) playing on a loop in the theater for you to go watch whenever you wanted. At night he would sit in on one of the Evil Dead movies and give a live running commentary. There was a fun app to determine the ultimate Bruce fan through trivia, scavenger hunts and recreation of scenes. I was proud to finish 3rd but they didn't seem to put any thought into prizes (the winner was just handed a half assed prop) and the only thing separating points for the top 10 people were how quickly you answered trivia questions (which on the glitchy app didn't always equate to being faster). There was solid merchandise available and a fun running story about S Mart's founder that culminated during a Murder Mystery Dinner. With the exception of some absolutely ridiculous and stupid questions during the movies most of the fan interactions were wonderful. The Stanley hotel was beautiful and the perfect place to hold this.
The Bad: I was hoping for a quaint experience of around 100 people but there were closer to 400. The tickets were a bit pricey for what you got. Separated into $300, $450 and $600 packages (plus fees!). I went frugal with the $300. The $450 included a cocktail party where Bruce would serve you a drink but from talking to people who attended it was an absolute cluster with way too many people in attendance and taking forever to get service. The $600 had the additional Murder Mystery which I heard was fantastic. The bad thing is despite paying these high ticket fees you had to pay another $50 to get an item autographed (and he refuses to sign Dynamite comics because they won't pay for his likeness, would have been nice to know ahead of time) and another $50 for pictures (which they cut the time short on at the last minute ruining a lot of people's chances to get it. Also I heard it was a quick photo, no chatting or interactions, then move on). Aside from the Stanley being a great location and most of the staff being helpful, the bartenders would only pay any attention to you if you were ordering top shelf whiskey. Otherwise you got ignored.
Overall a good experience. Needs improvement on what they offer all around but a solid first effort.

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
I went. It was a lot of fun. Definitely some bugs to work out for future festivals.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds like Bruce made serious bank. I miss the old days when Bruce would sign stuff and take photos for free.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Thank you for letting us know what it was like!

Top Bottom