Evil Dead: The Game

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

At The Game Awards this evening, Saber Interactive and Boss Team Games revealed Evil Dead: The Game, an upcoming co-op and PvP multiplayer title in development for PC, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

For the first time ever, the Evil Dead universe comes together in one over-the-top experience starring boomstick-brandishing, chainsaw-wielding horror hero Ashley J. Williams. Boss Team Games has entered into an epic collaboration with Renaissance Pictures, STUDIOCANAL, leading entertainment company Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), and global content leader Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) to create this one-of-a-kind game.

Based on the “Evil Dead” franchise and characters created by Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert, and Bruce Campbell, the game casts players against the forces of evil that have been unleashed from the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis, with sights and sounds inspired by the films “The Evil Dead,” “Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn,” and “Army of Darkness,” as well as the STARZ original “Ash vs Evil Dead” television series.

Work together as a team of four survivors, exploring, looting, crafting, managing your fear, and finding key artifacts to seal the breach between worlds.

Or take control of the powerful Kandarian Demon to hunt Ash and his friends while possessing Deadites, the environment, and even the survivors themselves as you seek to swallow their souls!

Plenty of surprises await in this gore-filled battle against evil that captures the characters, horror, humor, and action from the franchise. Battle across memorable locations including the infamous cabin in the woods, brought to life with tons of terrifying visuals and all-new dialogue from Bruce Campbell.

Discover more than 25 weapons, including Ash’s Gauntlet, Boomstick, and chainsaw, and advance in a variety of skill trees to grow stronger and survive in this fun co-op and PvP experience.

“I’m excited to be strapping on the chainsaw one more time,” said Bruce Campbell, who has given life to Ashley J. Williams across multiple films and the recent STARZ original “Ash vs Evil Dead” television series. “Boss Team and Saber Interactive are planning a huge immersive dealio, and I knew I had to come back. You’ll be able to step into my shoes and kick some Deadite ass!”

Source for info : http://sknr.net/2020/12/10/evil-dead-the-game/

Last edited:

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I didn't expect to see both Arthur and Kelly as possible playable characters.
From the info i found, this is gonna be the ultimate game for the fans. They are covering everything including locations from every part of the franchise.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
From the info i found, this is gonna be the ultimate game for the fans. They are covering everything including locations from every part of the franchise.

I just read your update on the info. I have put off buying a new gaming system in recent years, but Evil Dead: The Game will give me a reason to upgrade to a PS4/5.

Last edited:

K100

S-Mart Clerk
Wow I didn't expect this ! It must have been a nightmare to have the right to the entire franchise !
I have to say, I would have like a solo story driven game, but yeah, this look really cool too !

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
This looks surprisingly awesome. Was kind of expecting something crap when this game got unveiled but this trailer definitely has me actually hyped for an Evil Dead game. It's been awhile but this looks fantastic so far.

Hurley

Spinach Chin
I don't want to be a party pooper, but this looks kinda like that Friday the 13th multiplayer game? Meaning that it probably won't have a singleplayer story campaign? Don't get me wrong, it looks cool, but I'm not a multiplayer co-op guy, so if that's the case, I'm afraid I might pass.

Reactions: DyD

Hurley

Spinach Chin
Also it's kinda insane they got rights to all the films and the TV show. I wonder if it's exclusive just to this game or they could do something else with that also.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I don't want to be a party pooper, but this looks kinda like that Friday the 13th multiplayer game? Meaning that it probably won't have a singleplayer story campaign? Don't get me wrong, it looks cool, but I'm not a multiplayer co-op guy, so if that's the case, I'm afraid I might pass.

I'm curious about what the difference will be between the PS4 and PS5 version of the game because I know in the past when games were made for the PS3 and early stages of the PS4 they would remove certain elements in the PS3 version. It would be a shame if they didn't have some kind of a single player story mode like being able to pick a team you could switch between members to do different tasks, or hack your way through areas full of Deadites with what we can assume will be a sizable list of playable characters.

Last edited:

Hurley

Spinach Chin
I'm curious about what the difference will be between the PS4 and PS5 version of the game because I know in the past when games were made for the PS3 and early stages of the PS4 they would remove certain elements in the PS3 version. It would be a shame if they didn't have some kind of a single player story mode like being able to pick a team you could switch between members to do different tasks, or hack your way through areas full of Deadites with what we can assume will be a sizable list of playable characters.
I also just think that the series is too visually creative for this game to be just a shoot 'em up. Like when they did that Samurai Jack game, based on a TV show that's just a fucking masterclass in visual and non dialogue storytelling, and they made it just a hack and slash. Though of course, beggars can't be choosers. This looks like something that lots of fans will have a great time with and I guess that should be enough.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Well, It's seem to be kind of a battle arena game. That's ok with me as long as the game is good as it look.

DyD

Spinach Chin
"co-op and PvP multiplayer title"

Ugh. Hard pass.

but this looks kinda like that Friday the 13th multiplayer game?

Yup, that is exactly what it is. Dead by Daylight, also.

Definitely not for me, although I'll be the first to admit that playing as the evil force to control the environment and possess corpses and objects against the playable characters does sound kinda fun and intriguing.

Last edited:

Hurley

Spinach Chin
"co-op and PvP multiplayer title"
Definitely not for me, although I'll be the first to admit that playing as the evil force to control the environment and possess corpses and objects against the playable characters does sound kinda fun and intriguing.
I think there is a potential for a great Evil Dead game. Give me a single player campaign where the game fucks with me the same way as Evil fucks with Ash. Changing the map you're in, possessing random object, creating weird illusions and scenarios where you don't know whether you should laugh or be scared. This still looks kinda fun and even though I don't like these types of games, maybe I'll try it just because it's Evil Dead. It's just a shame that they have these great graphics, great art and sound design, and Bruce Campbell himself on board, yet they chose such a generic game genre.

Top Bottom