Evil Dead: The Game

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Is there anything we can try to do to get a post-show story? Comic? Cartoon? Anything?

DyD

Spinach Chin
Is there anything we can try to do to get a post-show story? Comic? Cartoon? Anything?

I'd say no. Ship has sailed and there doesn't seem to be enough interest to justify the investment. Maybe they'll do a comic a few years down the line, if the current publishers decide to abandon their own timelines and get the rights situation sorted out, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

And I know I'm speaking mostly for myself here, but that's absolutely fine by me. I'm really not interested in a continuation, personally. In any form.

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Any suggestions I should do with my petition? Maybe change the title or description to, "a comic a few years down the line, if the current publishers decide to abandon their own timelines and get the rights situation sorted out", as you said it?

Last edited:

DyD

Spinach Chin
Any suggestions I should do with my petition?

Shut it down and give up?

Look friend, I hate to be so blunt about it (I really mean that), but online fan petitions don't accomplish anything. They're more of a placebo for broken hearted fans to feel like they at least tried something rather than something producers will ever take into consideration. Online petitions don't mean anything concrete. The decision to continue or not with the show, in whatever form, will always be a business decision based on how financially sound it is and how likely it is to be a success – and no, online petitions are not a reliable indicator of that. Even if they might say things like that in the marketing, they don't keep making these things just to make the fans happy. It is true the show had a loyal following, but it really wasn't that much of a success and ended up being canceled, so most producers would feel like they're investing on a failed property. Then you have all the rights issues. Then you have the cost of production for no guarantee of return. It's very unlikely it will continue, and no online petition will change that. It really seems the Evil Dead franchise has already left the show behind and moved on to its next "phase" with Evil Dead Rise, same as it moved on from the Evil Dead remake to Ash vs. Evil Dead before that. We should probably move on along with it.

Last edited:

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
Ash Vs Evil Dead not continuing in proper live-action form is more of a rights issue. It wasn't successful for Lionsgate via Starz, but the 'reruns' on Netflix are a success and likely would have continued on Netflix if Lionsgate allowed it but they'd be primarily helping a competitor(Netflix). There is a chance it can return properly but somebody like Netflix would have to buy Lionsgate or Starz and soon before everyone is dead.

As for the current videogame I fully expect to see characters and locations based on the season 3 ending. The whole game may even take place after season 3 with time-travel involved. The big bummer is there may be no story but just a bullshit online match game. I fully anticipate the virtual season 4 game most of us crave at some point in the coming years.

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Wait a minute. Doesn't "Dead By Daylight" have Ash in it? Is there a story as to why he's in it?

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Now after watching it again I missed Bruce mentioning that some of the other original cast members would be returning, and followed it with the whole thing about him retiring when he said he had to come back for the game... or they would have to get someone like Lee Majors to do the voice of Ash. It sounded like Lee was open to being a part of it too.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Now after watching it again I missed Bruce mentioning that some of the other original cast members would be returning, and followed it with the whole thing about him retiring when he said he had to come back for the game... or they would have to get someone like Lee Majors to do the voice of Ash. It sounded like Lee was open to being a part of it too.

Amazing news, and bruce's comment about "roping in the others, as many as we can even some of the original cast members too" makes me think we will be getting some of the other original cast members on board for this game as well, who though, we shall see.

Last edited:

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Amazing news, and bruce's comment about "roping in the others, as many as we can even some of the original cast members too" makes me think we will be getting some of the other original cast members on board for this game as well, who though, we shall see.
A Betsy Baker evil giggle wouldn't go amiss in this game .. she can still knock those out of the park.

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
EjtERKm.jpg

Wqj4zJl.jpg

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Good to see an update after Ray announced he was going to be in the game during the Wizard World panel. I recently watched another panel they did for Hercules: The Legendary Journeys which had Bruce, Ted, and the other guy who played Herc... and Ted Raimi mentioned that he was working on a video game. So unless he has something else going on I expect him to be part of the next announcement.

Last edited:

MacksEff

Primitive Screwhead
Does anybody reckon characters from the 2013 reboot will be included, and has there been any word on that? its probably very unlikely but I do think it would be a sweet bonus to have at least Mia as a playable character, although tonally might be a bit jarring (Gotta be honest I just want my boy Chet to be in most of all)

Top Bottom