Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Discussion

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Link! All over the place by now, obs, but worth discussing here as well I think.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

Morsoth

Loud Mouth Braggart
Forgot to post this April Fool's by Campbell:

I'm late responding to this thread, but when I heard the news last year, I couldn't have been more excited! The first Doctor Strange movie was exactly what bring me back to reading and collecting reading comic books/graphic novels in 2016. I bought almost all the trade paperbacks and omnibus (and many individual issues) of Marvel's Doctor Strange after having saw the movie. The comics have many Lovecraftian elements (especially in the 1970's) and it even feature the Necronomicon is some occasions (based on Lovecraft). Since, then, I also opened up on other series (only Dr. Strange and some Scarlet Witch for Marvel, but now I collect anything from the Hellboy universe, manga like Berserk, the horror line of Archie/Sabrina, etc.)

In many ways, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness directed by Sam Raimi is the best thing that could happen, but it's also scary! A movie directed by my favorite director (Raimi), about my favorite Marvel character (Dr. Strange) and my 2nd favorite one (Scarlet Witch)... Damn! I have so much expectations, I hope not to be disappointed! Anyway, with Raimi at the helm (even if he won't have full freedom) it's a safe bet!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Shooting wrapped early in June; I think we're supposed to be getting a trailer by fall.

Oh Gosh, when dreams come true @Morsoth !

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Sam's thought process on the featurettes is very Sam but also very exciting; this is gonna be fun!

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
I just got back from seeing Doctor Strange. It was great. The movie basically was the Evil Dead 2 of Marvel movies. It was awesome seeing Bruce as Pizza Poppa and the Delta 88 in the movie!

Last edited:

Morsoth

Loud Mouth Braggart
I'm going to see this Friday!!

Fanmade poster found on reddit:

21ebihura1561.jpg

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
The Bruce-as-Pizza-Poppa cameo was of course a ball of fun - and then he even got the final tag scene!

Morsoth

Loud Mouth Braggart
Saw it Friday, and loved the movie. It's definitely my new favorite MCU movie! I might be a little biased, but Doctor Strange (2016) had a great impact on me. That movie made me love comics again, and I became I huge Doctor Strange fan. Now, combine the fascination of the character with Sam Raimi, and the result is amazing. I was only afraid that, with so many reported cameos, Strange would be lost with all these characters, but it really feel like a Doctor Strange film.

I loved the elements of horror, and I can see why it's labelled the 'Evil Dead of the MCU'. There is a lot of Raimi's style, and lots of references to Evil Dead scenes. The only thing I would have hoped to see - but Raimi probably decided to not fall into a such an easy fanservice - would be to include a book that would reminds us of the Necronomicon. But I can totally understand!

I can't wait to own this on Blu-ray, and watch it again!

Morsoth

Loud Mouth Braggart
In the Marvel comics, they are two separate entities. It is mentioned (still in the comics) that the Necronomicon (the one based on Lovecraft's works) is a work derived from the Darkhold (AKA the Shiatra Book of the Damned).

But for the movie, since it is directed by Raimi, I would have liked seeing the Evil Dead Necronomicon designed by Sullivan laying around, on a table or something, as a visual easter egg. That would have been very easy to do.

Top Bottom