Evil Dead Figures Thread

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
RE: Evil Dead action figures

I wish they would do a Vivian Deadite figure.

Reznar

Loud Mouth Braggart

Love that they included the gauntlet with the hero Ash!

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member

My guess is that Vivian is in the second wave with red leather coat/bar Ash and probably a Pablo. We're going to be waiting awhile for Ruby and Kelly and Amanda figures, which is a shame.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

I'm guessing she sticks to Ash's face via magnets?

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

MaidOfKandar said:

I doubt it unless they've learned to make plastic magnets ? .... (HI by the way =) ) ... it's a good fun accessory though, a 70's Tiny Tears doll prank would have been good if they could have squeezed this for the blood to come out.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member

The angel and devil Bruce figs from My Name is Bruce sticks to regular Bruce's shoulders via magnets so it's possible.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

Swofty said:
MaidOfKandar said:

I doubt it unless they've learned to make plastic magnets ? .... (HI by the way =) ) ... it's a good fun accessory though, a 70's Tiny Tears doll prank would have been good if they could have squeezed this for the blood to come out.

That makes me wish they'd make some kind of play-line with action features!

Elise41 said:
The angel and devil Bruce figs from My Name is Bruce sticks to regular Bruce's shoulders via magnets so it's possible.

I think there are smaller scale figs that have magnet action.  I think!

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart

There sure are. I own the ReAction Durham Red* figure which is around 1/12 size. She doesn't come equipped with holsters for her guns but there are tiny magnets built into the guns and figure itself you can use to fix the guns to her hips when she isn't in blasting mode. A rather cool feature I thought.

The new Mezco Judge Dredd** figure also utilises small magnets in his shoulder pads to fix them in place. (I don't have that one.)

The magnets are exposed, but they don't have to be that big to do the job. A tiny magnet on the dolls protruding foot, maybe. I'm not so sure about where it would be placed on Ash. You couldnt put it on his forehead obviously, but a spot on the collar, or even under his shirt (its fabric right?) maybe.

*A character from the 2000ad British anthology comic. I have a few figures of these characters. I'm aware I'm referring to pieces of plastic by the characters gender rather than 'it' which is a bit sad.

**Another 2000ad character. Do you see a pattern?

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

I completely envy you your Judge Dredd!

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member

Mezco Toyz offered a sneak peak today of their upcoming Ash Living Dead Doll:

[img=800x800]http://blog.mezcotoyz.com/content/images/2016/04/01-1.jpg[/img]

[img=800x800]http://blog.mezcotoyz.com/content/images/2016/04/02-1.jpg[/img]

[img=800x800]http://blog.mezcotoyz.com/content/images/2016/04/03-1.jpg[/img]

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

Every time I see this doll I get more excited!

TheKing

S-Mart Clerk

I bought the Sideshow Ash figure the day of release, I couldn't resist! The likeness is slightly off but the quality in that figure is absolutely amazing and looks stunning! The accessories are awesome too!

I think NECA make the best Evil Dead figures and I can't wait for the Ash vs Evil Dead line this summer!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

I've been resisting the Sideshow Ash due to cost; I'm glad it's worth the price!

eViL DeAdiTe

Loud Mouth Braggart
Staff member

So I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but apparently a company called NSC Toys will be producing a line of sixth scale Army of Darkness figures. 

https://www.facebook.com/NSC-1517660405150858/

13055711_1711592165757680_5953044787254886731_o.jpg

11070266_1558898217693743_4777269830984081881_n.jpg

10426202_1552013748382190_2464114148703108960_n.jpg

Not sure if these are legit, when they're being released, where they'll be distributed, or what the pricing will be, but I'll be keeping an eye out that's for sure.

Looks like more Ash's to buy, and then put directly into storage  :p

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member

I wonder why they blurred out Ash's face in the second photo and completely removed his head in the third.

eViL DeAdiTe

Loud Mouth Braggart
Staff member

Kain said:
I wonder why they blurred out Ash's face in the second photo and completely removed his head in the third.

Apparently, the "pit" Ash is the final production version, while I imagine the other two are unfinished test shots. Maybe the blurred out head is an unfinished sculpt, or some other placeholder? 

Wonder how the head sculpt will stack up against the upcoming effort from Sideshow? Sideshow definitely has them beat where his clothing is concerned.

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member

So far the face doesn't look like Ash at all. I don't understand why so many toy makers have such a hard time with his face.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member

Do not buy into the fact that this figure will actually release. They have been teasing for years.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

I really want this to happen because the costumes look amazing, but they've been promising figures for something like a year now?

Top Bottom